Dessert is nice. Easy dessert is even more nice. No baking? Better yet. When you can do all this, ditch the dairy and add pumpkin pie spice, everything is nice about this spin on a Thanksgiving classic.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
You can use already-made spice mix from the store, but I like to stick to the basics in my spice drawer and avoid the additives that are used in many pre-blended seasoning mixes.
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Allspice
Stir spices together in a bowl, set aside.
– – – – – – –
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE FROZEN BARS
- 1-1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (use above recipe or from store)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Unrefined Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup softened non-dairy Butter Replacer
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 15oz can 100% Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Dairy Free Milk Replacer (I used almond milk)
- 7-1/2 frozen Bananas
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Layer One ~ Crust
- Mix flour, bread crumbs, sugar, butter, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and salt together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Press evenly into the bottom of a 8″x8″ square casserole dish.
Layer 2 ~ Pumpkin
- Using a powerful blender/food processor (I have a Ninja), blend pumpkin, 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice, and one broken up banana.
- Once thoroughly blended, add three more bananas, blending one at a time.
- Gently pour pumpkin/banana mixture onto crust layer and gently spread over top evenly.
- Place in freezer and allow to slightly harden, enough to gently spread on another layer, takes about 30 minutes.
Layer 3 ~ Vanilla Topping
- Rinse the food processor, then add milk replacer, remaining 1/4 tsp spice mix, vanilla and banana, then blend.
- Add/blend remaining bananas one at a time.
- Gently pour on top of pumpkin layer and spread evenly across the top.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight, slice and and serve.