Here’s something fun that the grown-ups will enjoy more than the kids – spicy fish tacos with cruncy cabbage in nacho bite sizes! What’s great is that they’re gluten and dairy free. Also, fish is GREAT for brain health!
This is served cold, so it’s perfect for company luncheons or game day appetizers – and pretty darn simple to make. There is a lot of freedom to vary the recipe to your taste, so have fun and enjoy!
- 1/4 cup healthy oil such as olive or grape seed
- 3 white fish fillets (I used cod)
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- 1 10 oz bag of shredded cabbage – or you could certainly shred your own!
- 1 bag of “scoop” shaped corn chips
- Lime juice (optional)
- Pour oil into a pan and turn heat to medium.
- Mix cayenne, chili, garlic, onion and cilantro together in a small bowl to create seasoning mixture.
- Add fish fillets to pan, cover in seasoning mixture.
- Cook both sides of fish until flaky (takes about 10 minutes total).
- Move fillets, oil and seasonings from pan into a large mixing bowl. Flake the fish with a fork and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Add cabbage, stir.
- Scoop the mixture into corn chip cups and serve! Sprinkle with lime juice if desired.