It’s not everyday that I make a winner for the whole family on my son’s restrictive, ADHD-friendly diet. So to celebrate, I’m sharing with everyone. What’s great is this can be made gluten free or not. Just change up the choice of noodles.
• 1.5 cups chicken broth or stock* (I have a hard time finding this without yeast – you may need to use homemade)
• 2 8oz cans tomato sauce*
• 16 oz ground turkey or beef
• 1 Tbsp ground cumin
• 1 Tbsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 2 Tbsps ketchup
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
• 16 oz noodles of your choice (I used gluten free corn fusilli)
• Shredded cheese on top if diet allows (then change the name of the dish to Cheeseburger Pasta Dish 🙂 )
• Lettuce on top for garnish
*If you have a 14.5 oz can of broth or tomato sauce on hand instead of the sizes shown feel free to use them. Approximate measurements won’t make or break the recipe :-).
1. In a medium pot, brown the meat. While it browns, boil pasta in a large pot.
2. When meat is done, add other ingredients to it, stir to create meat/sauce mixture.
3. Strain noodles and add meat/sauce, stir.
Serve with cheese and/or lettuce on top for garnish. Enjoy!